ULI Case Studies showcase innovative approaches and best practices in real estate and urban development by providing a wide range of information on a variety of development project types in a searchable format. The ULI Case Studies website includes both Case Studies and Case Study Briefs. Case Studies include the following features:
- A detailed description of the project and the development process.
- The story behind the development and the lessons learned, including comments from the developers and other principals involved.
- Photos, site plans, floor plans, and a development timeline.
- Site and building data, development cost data, sales and rent figures, vacancy rates, and financial data.
- A printable PDF version.
Many of the most recent case studies also include the following:
- Videos about the project, including interviews with the principals involved.
- An interactive map, including easy access to satellite and street views of the site and area.
Case Study Briefs are short format case studies with fewer details and no video. Some of these Briefs focus on one specific aspect of a project and/or are drawn from other ULI reports and publications.
Who Uses ULI Case Studies?
Developers, architects, consultants, public officials, and investors look to ULI Case Studies for new ideas, practical guidance, and inspiration when they undertake new development projects.
ULI Case Studies also make for excellent educational tools that can be used by professors, students, young professionals, and community groups—anyone interested in learning about the development process and about good models for development.
By providing an inside look at the ideas and strategies used to develop exemplary projects, ULI Case Studies can be invaluable for aspiring and veteran land use professionals of all types.
Share Your Feedback
ULI Members have long valued this insider’s look into innovative development projects, and we want to know how we can improve the experience for you. To share your ideas for improving the content and presentation of the case studies, or to suggest real estate projects for future case studies, contact email@example.com.
Case Study Archives
This website includes all ULI Case Studies from 1994 to the present. ULI Case Studies and Project Reference Files published from 1971 to 1993 are summarized in this document (DOCX), and ULI Members can request individual print copies from Customer Service.
Contact Customer Service for more information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.